The Boston Globe is looking for a creative, organized designer to join the design and development team for our two websites. BostonGlobe.com is a subscription site launched in 2011 featuring groundbreaking responsive design. It was named “World’s Best Designed Website” by the Society for News Design. Boston.com, our free site, is the sixth-largest newspaper-related website in the country. This position requires the ability to communicate design principles verbally and through wire frames, comps and HTML/CSS/JS. We’re looking for a team player able to easily move across disciplines to work with the editorial and product teams.
As a designer at Boston.com and BostonGlobe.com, you will …
• Assess a project and come up with the best design approach.
• Work closely with the design director to define and maintain consistent style across all of our digital products, from desktop to mobile and beyond.
• Convert designs into clean front-end code.
• Be a leader on projects across all platforms and work with colleagues in other departments to ensure seamless integration.
• Be part of a team that redesigns Boston.com
The ideal candidate …
• Has an excellent eye for design. Candidates should know great web UI when they see it and be able to explain why it’s great.
• Is a highly organized individual, with close attention to detail.
• Is always looking to learn.
• Needs to be fluent in Adobe design products to create wireframes and comps.
To apply, click here and/or send your portfolio and resume to michael.workman at boston dot com
— Michael Workman
Digital design director